Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Add "All Pages"
There are 3 parts to this activity. Make sure you complete all 3 of the parts.
1. Watch the videos.
2. Work with your partner to help solve the problem by adding descriptive words to your page. Print your page when you are done.
3. Open Paint. Create a picture to show some of the adjectives you used to describe the picture for your sister. You must make the same noun (person or thing) that you helped your sister describe, but with more details!
Click on the link to watch the following video clips from
If you can't log on directly, ask your teacher for help.
Teachers: this part is best done as a larger group on a monitor if possible.
1. "Introduction to Parts of Speech: Adjectives for Armando" - "Segment Two: The Four Principal Functions of Adjectives: What Kind? Which One? How Many? What Color?"
2. "Pendemonium: The Great China Chase" - Adjectives
First, use your mouse to copy the words below so that you can paste the words into the "Keyword" area on the Unitedstreaming page and click "go.":
1. Introduction to Parts of Speech: Adjectives for Armando
Find Segment Two: The Four Principal Functions of Adjectives: What Kind? Which One? How Many? What Color? and click the "S" next to it to watch the video
2. Pendemonium: The Great China Chase
Find the 5th part that says "Adjectives" and click on the "S" next to it to watch the video.
After you watch the video clips, read the problem below and go to work!
Your little sister has to draw pictures for her 1st grade classroom. The pictures she has already done are boring. She did not put any color in them, and the things she drew are not exciting or interesting. You tell her she should add details but she doesn't understand what you mean. You tell her details are modifiers. "Huh?" she says. You try to explain that details are adjectives that tell about nouns. You tell her that adjectives tell:
Below are the pictures your sister has already drawn. You don't want to do her homework for her, so instead you can show her how to describe her pictures using words. Then, she can go back and color them using your adjectives to help her make the pictures more exciting and interesting. Click on a link below to begin.
Create a picture example for your sister. Open Paint and create a picture that shows some of the adjectives you used to help your sister. You must make the same noun (thing or person) that you helped your sister with...but with more DETAILS!
Show the teacher before you print.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"